Deluge firmware V3.0.0 is released today, another major update adding some of our biggest new features yet.
* Audio clips (an all-new type of clip, in addition to synth, kit, CV and MIDI)
* Live looping of audio and instrument / MIDI clips, including easy overdubbing / layering, and automatic tempo setting
* Audio clip live looping includes option to record additional audio “margins” either side of loop (from before you even pressed record), to allow a brief crossfade to eliminate click at loop point
* Auto-extending of clip length during note recording
* Recording count-in
* Recording audio or MIDI directly into arrangement tracks
* Audio thru
* Alphanumeric keyboard, allowing text-based names of presets and files
* Deleting of audio and preset files
* New preset-loading interface, with “clone” function for adding multiple preset instances
* USB host mode for MIDI devices
* Ability to switch off automatic sample previewing
* Expanded MIDI control of functions for pedal control of live looping
* Further CPU optimizations to allow an even greater number of sounds to be played at once
The Deluge manual has been updated for all new features, so please refer there for detailed instructions.
Loopop has created an excellent walkthrough video on the Deluge to coincide with the V3.0 firmware release. Skip to 30mins to just check out the new features, but watching the whole video offers a nice little refresh over some of the core functionality.
To install the update, place the .bin file onto your SD card, ensure there are no other .bin files on there, put the card back into your Deluge, and then hold down the shift button while powering on. A spinning animation will display, and the firmware will be permanently installed.
Please take this opportunity to back up the data from your SD card while it’s in your computer. Any storage technology can fail, and we want your art to be safe regardless.