Powerful and robust synthesizer, sampler & sequencer in a portable package
Deluge is our flagship product. Three years in the making, it is an all-in-one, stand-alone, portable synthesizer, sequencer and sampler designed for the creation, performance and improvisation of electronic music.
- Your Deluge will be shipped within one business day of order being placed.
Shipping normally takes 3-4 business days, though current circumstances may lead to short delays at your local depot.
NOTE: Some shipments (outside of New Zealand) may incur additional tax and import charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility. You’ll be contacted by DHL after we ship if applicable.
* All Deluges ship with the 3.0 shortcut system printed direct on the top panel.
* The Deluge is only available to be purchased through this website. It is not available from any retailer or distributor, other than for Russian customers, here.
* A PDF of the manual/producer guide is included on your SD card, if you’d like a printed version, you can purchase here.
Other burning questions are answered over on our F.A.Q
- Full-featured internal synthesizer engine (subtractive and FM)
- Polyphony limited only by CPU. Up to 64 synth voices may play simultaneously
- Live adjustment of synth and effect parameters with two endless-turn encoders with LED level-meters
- Easy buttons to select the functions these control
- Parameter automation recording
- Dedicated volume and tempo knobs
- LFOs and envelopes on each synth / sample. Highly customizable modulation matrix
- Synthesizer engine features LPF / HPF, FM, portamento, oscillator sync, ring modulation, unison detune, and more
- Four basic digital waveforms, two analog-modeled waveforms, or select any WAV file from SD card
- 12dB/oct and 24dB/oct filters, with optional filter drive mode
- FX including delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, bitcrusher, sidechain effect, live stutter, and more
- Keyboard mode, where the pads become a live instrument on a 2D grid
- Preset or custom scales, or chromatic mode
- Live processing of the audio input including polyphonic pitch shifting (according to sequenced notes), filters, and all FX
- Piano-roll-style sequencing on 128 full RGB pads (16×8) with scrolling and zooming
- Launch, mute and interact with tracks live
- Arranger view, to sequence your instrument parts into a longer composition, and work with audio clips similarly to a DAW
- Sequencing limited only by device RAM (over 2 million notes)
- Resolution can be set as high as 6144th-notes
- Simultaneously output separate sequences to all 16 MIDI channels, 2 CV / gate channels and 2 additional gate outputs, in addition to internal synthesizers / samples (limited only by CPU)
- CC control and sequencing on all 16 MIDI channels
- Probability and iteration based step / note conditions
- Undo / redo note and parameter automation editing and recording. Number of undo steps limited only by RAM
- Advanced syncing capabilities. Non-standard time signatures supported, polymetric
- Adjustable swing
- Horizontal pattern shift and note nudge, and note repeat
- MIDI program change and bank select messages may be output
- Streams all samples directly from SD card, without limitations based on RAM size
- Upto 90 unaffected sample voices may play simultaneously
- Multisampling. Fast folder import with automatic pitch detection
- Time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- High quality sample interpolation and rate conversion via 16-point windowed sinc
- Waveform view on main pads, with scrolling, zooming, and loop point editing
- Same filters, modulation matrix and FX as synth engine
- Slicer feature for cutting a sample into evenly sized slices
AUDIO CLIPS AND LOOPING
- Live looping of audio and instrument / MIDI clips, including easy overdubbing / layering, and automatic tempo setting
- Audio clip live looping includes option to record additional audio “margins” either side of loop (from before you even pressed record), to allow a brief crossfade to eliminate click at loop point
- Two ¼” line outputs, and 3.5mm headphone output
- 3.5mm mic input, ¼” line input, and built-in microphone
- 2x CV outputs. 0 – 10V, individually configurable to between 0.01 and 2.00 volts per octave, or to hertz-per-volt
- 4x gate / trigger outputs individually configurable to v-trig or s-trig, with shared voltage switchable between 5V and 12V
- Trigger clock output, configurable up to 192 PPQN
- Trigger clock input, also with adjustable PPQN
- MIDI input and output via hardware connectors or USB. Syncing via MIDI beat clock as leader or follower. Optimized for very low jitter
- Powered via USB B (cable included) or 9 – 12V centre-negative (pedal-style) power supply (500mA) (not included)
- Can host USB MIDI devices via B-to-B cable – up to 4 if using a USB hub. Only powers these devices when powered by 9 – 12V supply
- User-upgradeable firmware – development is ongoing at Synthstrom Audible
- Internal speaker
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (6+ hours of operation)
- 1 x SD slot (1x 32GB V10-speed SD card supplied)
- Dimensions: 305mm x 208mm x 46mm (12 x 8.2 x 1.8 inches)
- Weight: 1.5kg
BASIC WORKFLOW TUTORIAL
Deluge firmware V3.1.4
Released 29 October 2020. See notes.
Deluge firmware V3.1.3
Released 2 September 2020. See notes.
- Deluge factory SD card contents for firmware V2.1 / V3.x (322MB)
Deluge Official Guidebook - for firmware V3.1
This 284 page, full colour, step-by-step manual / producer guide was made in collaboration with Synthdawg. A full-colour print edition may be ordered from our shop.
Deluge Community Guide
A quick reference guide to the Deluge, adapted from contributions from our users
The "old" Deluge manual
As of firmware V3.1.0, this is no longer maintained or current. It has been superseded by the Deluge Official Guidebook.
You can view individual customer reviews on Facebook
Many of our users have been uploading reviews, tutorials and jams to YouTube, you can also view over 100 videos of Deluge performances in a playlist below: