Deluge is our flagship product. Three years in the making, it is an all-in-one, stand-alone, portable synthesizer, sequencer and sampler designed for the creation, performance and improvisation of electronic music.
You have the option of having the Deluge’s shortcut system printed on the Deluge (no extra charge) or available as a removable magnetic overlay. You can change your mind after ordering.
Order today and your Deluge will be shipped on July 31, 2017.
NOTE: Some shipments may incur tax and import charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.
US$899.00 – US$919.00
Located in New Zealand?
NZ customers can order and pay via NZ bank transfer and save on credit card processing charges if your Deluge is to be shipped within New Zealand.
Instructions on how to order and pay by NZ bank transfer
- Full-featured internal synthesizer engine (subtractive and FM).
- Polyphony limited only by CPU. Typically up to 48 synth voices or 64 unaffected sample voices may play.
- Live adjustment of synth and effect parameters with two endless-turn encoders with LED level-meters.
- Easy buttons to select the functions these control.
- Parameter automation recording.
- Dedicated volume and tempo knobs.
- LFOs and envelopes on each synth / sample. Highly customizable modulation matrix.
- Synthesizer engine features LPF / HPF, FM, arpeggiator, portamento, oscillator sync, ring modulation, unison detune, and more.
- Four basic waveforms, or select any WAV file from the SD card.
- FX including delay, reverb, chorus, flanger, phaser, bitcrushing, sidechain effect, live stutter, and more.
- Keyboard mode, where the pads become a live instrument on a 2D grid.
- Preset or custom scales, or chromatic mode.
- Piano-roll-style sequencing on 128 full RGB pads (16×8) with scrolling and zooming.
- Sequencing limited only by device RAM (many thousands of notes).
- CC control and sequencing on all 16 MIDI channels
- Advanced syncing capabilities. Non-standard time signatures supported.
- Adjustable swing
- Loads samples from SD card (up to 32GB SDHC).
- 64MB of sample ram – work with up to 12 minutes (if mono) of CD-quality samples per song.
- 5mm mic, ¼” line inputs and microphone.
- Two ¼” line outputs, and 3.5mm headphone output.
- 2x CV outputs. 0 – 10V, individually configurable to between 0.01 and 2.00 volts per octave, or to hertz-per-volt.
- 4x gate / trigger outputs individually configurable to v-trig or s-trig, with shared voltage switchable between 5V and 12V.
- Trigger clock output configurable, up to 192 PPQN.
- Trigger clock input, also with adjustable PPQN.
- MIDI input and output via hardware connectors or USB. Syncing via MIDI beat clock as master or slave.
- Simultaneously output separate sequences to all 16 MIDI channels, 2 CV / gate channels and 2 additional gate outputs, in addition to internal synthesizers / samples (limited only by CPU and RAM, as above).
- Powered via USB or 9 – 12V centre-negative (pedal-style) power supply (500mA) (not included).
- User-upgradeable firmware – expect updates from Synthstrom Audible.
- Internal speaker, rechargeable Li-ion battery (6+ hours of operation).
- Printed manual of software 1.1.0 is included.
- Dimensions: 305mm x 208mm x 46mm (12 x 8.2 x 1.8 inches).
- Weight: 1.5kg
BASIC WORKFLOW TUTORIAL
Below are a few videos including an extensive walkthrough 90minute long video introducing you in-depth to using the Deluge online right now!
We didn’t do a good job of recording the audio with these, you can hear a cleaner output of the synth engine to your right with the SoundCloud embed.
We put together this video primarily with first-time users in mind, and the synth/pattern programming is very rudimentary, but as far as an introduction to the Deluge, you can’t beat it. Make sure you watch all three.
Part 1 introduces you to “Track View”, “Song View” and the Deluges scrolling and zooming, shows how you construct songs and introduces you to some of the sample playback features..
Part 2 goes deep into the Sound Editor and patching matrix and explores the sampling capability of the Deluge.
Part 3 brings a few other instruments into play and showcases the Deluges ability to play with others.
TUTORIALS & FEATURE EXAMPLES
Some of our users have been uploading reviews, tutorials and jams to YouTube, we’ll include them here